Monday, January 31, 2011

Menu plan Monday and shopping trip round up

I knew before this week even came that I was going to be over budget, WAY over budget!

I needed diapers for one thing and that's always a huge chunk of change. I so miss the cloth diapers we used for so long, why do they have to grow out of stuff? I hope potty training is quick and painless and we can be done with these vile things soon.

I also wanted to stock up (I know that's breaking my own rules) but Haggen had canned beans on sale much cheaper than my beloved Winco has them regularly, and this family eats a lot of beans. So with all that in mind I knew I was going over. I guess I Will just have to work harder the rest of the month to average my $70 a week.

So here is whats for dinner

M - Spaghetti and meat sauce w/ garlic bread
T - Taco's
W - .Turkey sloppy Joe's french fries and salad
TH - Garlic chicken pasta with vegetable medley
F - Hockey game night - Dinner out!
S - Southwest white chicken chili and tortilla chips
S - Sticky lemon chicken with rice and broccoli

Oh and some of these things were on last weeks menu but somehow we had enough leftovers that I didn't need to cook everything planned. We also had a slight change of plans and went out to eat last night

Winco

eggbeaters - 4.54 (1.00 coupon)
creamer - 3.14
OJ - 2.48
3 bags frozen vegetables - 2.54
2 can chicken broth - 1.10
cream of chicken soup - .77
tomato sauce - .28
fruit cocktail - 1.55
cake mix - .78
pancake mix - 1.88
taco shells - 1.18 (.50 coupon)
muffins - 1.78
pudding - .96
tomato - .40
chips - .98
green pepper - .68
lemon - .20
40 splenda packets - 1.20
green onion - .48
2 special dark bars - .58 (BOGO free)
eggs - 2.86
flour tortillas - 1.88
baby oil - 3.47

total $34.21



Costco

diapers - 39.99
chicken strips - 14.45
go gurt - 7.55
Clorox wipes - 9.99 (not pictured, with 2 kids they were already in use!)
graham crackers - 7.29
bananas - 1.47
salad - 3.99

total $84.73




Haggen

Apple juice - 2.98
milk - 1.49
3# apples - 1.79
20 cans beans - 10.00
tea - 2.00 (.50 coupon)

total $17.76




Grand total = $ 136.70 over budget $66.70 Thank god its the first week of the month and I can make this up!

See how others are doing this week at Grocery Cart Challenge

2 comments:

Life Goes On said...

oh my goodness diapers are expensive. Hope they will be potty trained soon.
they are so adorable.
Great shopping trip and stocking up when a good price is smart shopping.

Holly said...

Hey: I'm interested in knowing how that sticky lemon chicken turned out?? Was it good? Would you make it again? Have a great day!