Monday, January 17, 2011

Menu plan Monday and shooping trip roundup

Prices are going up up up! At least at my beloved Winco they are. it .20 her .50 there but that all adds up to dollars on my bill that I don't want to pay for! I actually got to shop alone this week (no kids!) and I had time to do some real price comparisons, sticker shock! Just when you think that the warehouse store is the better deal, think again. Sure somethings can be to your advantage. In our case its milk, salad, peanut butter and a small handful of other things. but I am starting to find that I need to go there less and less. Thankfully my membership is free (thanks Moby) so I don't have to figure the yearly cost into that equation. So this week I kinda, no REALLY, blew the budget. I made the mistake of letting my taste buds rule the menu planning and we are having a few meals that cost me more than I would like to admit. The beauty thing that will come of it is I will have supplies for leftovers that I can freeze and use to make these pricey meals again without having to pay for it! SO in the end it may still all wash.

okay just did the math. In order to be at my $70 a week average next week, last week of the month, I can only spend $28.02! Yikes that's going to be hard, but I love a challenge......

Dinner -

M - Slow cooker lasagna salad and garlic bread
T - Leftover buffet (time to clean out the fridge!)
W - Big apple french toast casserole and bacon (yum breakfast for dinner!)
TH - homemade pizza and salad
F - Chicken and cheese enchiladas
S - slow cooker beef stroganoff
S - baked talapia, potatoes and corn


grand total this week $95.70 WOW that's painful!




check out how everyone else is doing at Grocery Cart Challenge

3 comments:

larainydays said...

I'm still impressed. You're doing great. I remember how fun it was to go to the grocery store alone. Now I like my teenager to come so he'll help unload.

Life Goes On said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful menu plan. And I bet with you loving a challenge you can plan a menu that will come in close next week.

Life Goes On said...

p s I have a great chicken enchilada and a beef and bean enchilda recipes on my blog. I will check out your recipe now. grace