Monday, January 24, 2011

Menu plan Monday and shopping trip roundup

Mission NOT accomplished! I went into today's shop hoping to spend less than $28, what was I thinking? I didn't need a whole lot but the things we did need were not the cheapest of things either. Oh well it happens, and when all is said and done I am only $36.24 over for the month. My budget each month is $280 and this month I spent $316.24 That's still probably less than half of what the average family of four spends. Remember this price includes things like diapers, paper products, personal hygiene etc. Next week starts a new month and another chance to come in under budget!

So this week we are eating for dinner

M - Chicken and cheese enchiladas
T - Freezer fun (a mix and match of frozen leftovers)
W - Crock pot potato chowder
TH - Spaghetti with meat sauce and garlic bread
F - Tuna noodle casserole
S - Turkey sloppy Joe's and fries
S - Turkey soup (from freezer) and Homemade rolls


The enchiladas are a pull from last weeks menu as somehow me, the planners of all planners, but it on the menu but neglected to add the one ingrediant needed to the shopping list last week. OOPS!

Winco

Apple juice - 2.98
nonfat milk - 1.53
creamer - 2.48
sour cream - 1.48
eggbeaters - 4.54
shredded cheese - 1.58
italian sausage - 2.88
cream cheese - 1.25
salad dressing - 2.86 (.50 coupon)
sphaghetti sauce - .78
chicken broth - .55
2 cream of chicken - 1.40
peas - .68
black olives - 1.52
maple syrup - 1.89
shave gel - 1.96
panish rice mix - .98
celery - 1.17
banana - 1.03
green pepper - .58
splenda - 1.20
romas - .42
muffins - 2.99

$38.23

Costco

mickey nuggets - 11.99
cheese - 5.69
salad - 3.99
milk - 4.36

$26.03

grand total = $64.26

Anyone else notice the prices of milk and dairy products going up?




check out how everyone else did this week at Grocery Cart Challenge

1 comment:

Tina @ MOMS CRAZY COOKING said...

I too am working on a NEW family budget! I found you from GCC... here is my post this week! I went over too! (first time) :-/

http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/2011/01/family-meal-planning-1-24-11.html