Sunday, December 20, 2009

Oh Chistmas tree, how lovely are your branches

As every year we hiked out to the U-cut lot Farmer Browns and went on the hunt for the "perfect" tree. I consider myself to be a bit of an expert on this if not a bit anal about it. I want a certain type, a certain height, and a certain roundness to it. Okay I'm picky! But if its going to be something I look at everyday I want it to be just right.

This year Eli really got into the whole tree hunt and had a blast helping daddy cut it down. I already look forward to next year when Kai can be just as involved.
Kai and mommy ready to go


Eli says thumbs up, I'm ready to go!


let the games begin


A good one! But I still wanted to look at more to "make sure" so I left a little yellow ribbon on it (so we could find it again) and off we went to search some more. Granted we came back to this one of course. Look at it, it's perfect!


Eli helping daddy cut down the tree.




At one point in the trip Kai decided he wasn't having fun and lost it, completely lost it! I cant help myself but he is just so cute when he crys!



All better now



Note: only when we were leaving did we see the sign that said "Saws are for grownups only!" oh well I guess we were those irresponsible parents letting our child do all the dirty work!

OOPS!



And just because.

Here's looking at you ladies!

2 comments:

beth said...

CUTE! That looks like so much fun to cut your own tree!

Kate said...

LOL!! That looks like so much fun...and Kai is a cute crier!! :)