Monday, December 21, 2009

I'm with the band

Saturday we met up with some friends to go see a local children's group perform. I had never heard of Recess Monkey but one of my friends had. Boy were they fun! They are a trio of elementary school teachers who in their free time started a band. Their music is a bit rock Ala the Beatles and a bit folk song but all centered around children! The songs are really catchy and something as a parent I can totally enjoy listening to in the car. My favorite song so far is Marshmallow Farm.

Eli as you know takes his guitar everywhere and this was no exception. You should have seen his face when he realized that there was going to be a band and signing and dancing. What I didn't know was that instead of being the audience Eli was going to be part of the group! He stood next to the guys the whole time and played his little Ukulele like he was a member of the band. Do I see a future rock star here, following in uncle Curtis's footsteps? Maybe. I couldn't help but laugh as he sung along (even though he didn't know the words) and played his little heart out. Even throwing his hands up in the air at the end of every number. Be still my heart!





2 comments:

beth said...

How cute is he up there! I love it!

Kate said...

what a star!!