Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Santa smurf

In 1982 when I was just 6 years old I already had my crafty gene. My mom purchased a needle point project for me to do, who knew that over 25 years later I would still have that project.

back to when I was 6. I was in 1st grade and when I finished the project I wanted to take it to school for show and tell. I was very proud of myself (and still am) for what I had accompished. So mom let me and I got lots of praise from my teacher and friends for a job well done.

It was the last day of school before the Christmas break and when I got home later that day my mom and I discvered that the Santa smurf was no where to be found! I dont remember all the little details, like did she call the school to see if I had left it there or what, but I remember her going in to full search mode. I remember us driving out to the bus barn where the school buses were kept and her finding my bus that brings me home and searching it. Of course she found it sitting on the seat where I had left it behind. All this late at night and right before CHristmas when she already had a million other things to do.

Thank you mom, to this day it is one of my most cherished items and it is always proudly displayed right on the front of my Christmas tree!

No comments: