Thursday, December 4, 2008

Monkey Munch

Grandma Stephanie and Jayda were coming over to babysit so that Brian and I could go to the movies. I wanted to make a special treat for the kids to snack on while we were gone so I made Monkey Munch.

Monkey Munch is a Chex cereal treat that remindes me of a childhood version of Chex Mix (Only better cause its chocolate!) I got the recipe of of a TV show called Jon & Kate + 8.

Eli had fun helping make it and I know that my little monkeys gobbled it all up!

Monkey Munch
9 cups Chex
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1/4 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar


- Put cereal in a large bowl
- Melt chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter. Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla
- Pour over cereal, put into a large plastic bag with powdered sugar, and shake well to coat the cereal
- Spread mixture evenly on wax paper and allow to cool.

































No comments: