Monday, November 22, 2010

Menu plan Monday and shopping trip roundup

Yay, its turkey time! I love to eat (obviously) and I couldn't be happier that Thanksgiving is here and time to enjoy all the yummy foods that the holidays bring. For the most part I am keeping things simple this week when it comes to our menu and eating up some of the stuff we have on hand.

M - Chili (from freezer stash) and home made cornbread
T - Turkey meatloaf, salad and veggie
W - Home made pizzas
T - THANKSGIVING
F - Leftovers
S - Home made turkey soup from left over turkey
S - leftovers

As for the holiday itself my family and I are all chipping in and bringing a part of the meal. I am responsible for stuffing, rolls, sweet potato casserole and desserts. I am also making cranberry sauce and apple sauce. Boy I am tired already! I will spare you the detail list of the shopping today as it was way over. I had to get things like pecans and walnuts and butter and all that stuff that makes sweets so yummy! It's expensive but worth it and I will have leftover ingredients so come Christmas I will be ahead. It all works out in the end I hope. I wont go into detail today as the list was long but here are some highlights.

12.5# frozen turkey - 3.49
7# apples (gala & Fugi) - 6.00
6 loafs bread - 5.69
laundry soap - 2.48
3 doz eggs - 3.36
11# sugar - 5.07
10# flour - 2.96

total $135.40




check out the Grocery Cart Challenge To see how others fared in the week of feast!

No comments: