Thursday, September 30, 2010

Thirfty Thursday



So a while back I found a recipe for making your own babywipes. We go through these thigs so fast. What with one butt to still wipe and quick cleanups of faces, hands and anything and everything else you can think of. I thought to myself "I can definatly make these things for cheap" so I did. I dont have a exact breakdown of cost but a good estimate is a weeks worth of wipes = about $.55

So how do you make them?

1 roll paper towel (Bounty works best)
2 cups boiled water
2 tbls baby wash
2 tbls baby oil ( I like the kind with aloe)


First you are going to need to cut your paper towel roll in half. Just use a sharp knife and its actually pretty simple. Try to avoid a serated knife as it will leave fluffy stuff all over!


Stuff one half of each into a tupperwware container.


boil the water. once boiled add 2 tbls baby wash and lightly mix in. you dont want to create a bunch of bubbles, just blend it. Then mix in the 2 tbls baby oil.


Pour mixture over papertowels and let cool. Once cool pull out the paper tube. It should come really easy, but if it rips just dig a fork in there to greab it!



Then start the center pull. and replace the lid. It really is that easy!


Since these wipes contain no alchohal they dont have a perservitive in them and will mold if they keep to long. I only make about a weeks worth at a time so that I dont have waste from molding. You can also make your own clorox wipes and antibacterial wipes usingthe same method.

Clorox Wipes
1.5 cups water
1/3 cup bleach

Antibacterial Wipes
1 cup rubbing alcohal
1 cup baby lotion (the pink stuff)
mix well and pour over towels. This makes for a great on the go clean up since it kills germs too!

No comments: