Saturday, September 18, 2010

A new first for Eli

Its been a while since Eli has had a first anything. First teeth, first steps all that is behind us, Long behind us. But today he did have a first. His first day of preschool!

I was so excited for this day to come. It means that my little boys is starting his journey of learning. From this day forward for the next 13 years (at least) he will be attending a place of learning and getting to explore new things. He now gets to forge his Independence and find things that interest him. He gets to meet new friends, friends that mommy didn't know first! He gets to practice learning how to solve problems on his own and work out his differences with others. I know that he will be great.

But I still cant help but feel a little nervous too. I wont be able to always be he one to guide him, and teach him, and help him. I wont always be in control of what he sees and hears. Its a little nerve wracking to know that sometimes his feeling are going to get hurt, that someone doesn't want him to play with them, to not get picked first. But I realize that these are the things we all had to learn and that's what makes us who we are. If it wasn't for struggle we can never triumph. Good Luck little man, but I know you wont need it ;)




On a memorable note. In their first class they were to make fruit loop necklaces to bring home. Eli's slip said that his necklace was made with 5 fruit loops. None of which were on the necklace by the time we picked him up!

No comments: