Monday, December 27, 2010

Menu plan Monday and shopping trip roundup

Well this is my last menu plan of the year. Come next Monday it will be 2011 and a whole norther year to look forward to of saving money on groceries. I only started this menu planning and grocery budget of $70 a week back in August and although I ha vent tallied my 5 month total (I really should do that!) I know I have saved a ton over my old habits of shopping without a real plan. Now I pay attention to what I have on hand and what I can do with that. We have tried lots of new recipes and keep finding new things we like. So here is my plan for this week.

Breakfast - Leftover cinnamon rolls cereal, eggs and sausage, pancakes

lunch - salads, sandwich's, spaghettio's (those are so yummy!) and leftovers

Dinner
M - Turkey soup (from freezer) and rolls
T - Garlic chicken pasta and broccoli
W - Crock pot taco soup
TH - Cheesy chicken and rice casserole
F - Three cheese chicken penne
S - Pork chop bake baked potatoes and applesauce
S - garlic mashed potato and beef bake


Winco

Butter spread - 1.98
milk - 1.99
diced tomatoes - 1.51
spaghettio's - .58
cream of mushroom - 1.44
hidden valley ranch - 1.32
corn - .50
chicken broth - .50
fruit cocktail - 1.92
rotel - 1.08
baked beans - 1.18
cream of chicken - .70
frozen mixed veggies - 1.76
cheddar cheese - 1.68
frozen broccoli medley - 1.18
mozzarella - 1.68
lean ground beef 7% - 6.98
ground turkey - 6.78
1# rotini pasta - .91
1# penne pasta - .88
green onions - .58
yellow onion - .36
spinach - 1.78
broccoli crowns - .84
chips - 1.98


Total - $42.09




Check out how others did at Grocery cart challenge


Okay so I did the math (well Excel did) and I had a weekly grocery total of $88.43 not to bad if I do say so myself. This included diapers (expensive!) and any and all entertianing (Kai's birthday) and all personal products for Brian and I. In the last 21 weeks, when I started budgeting, we spent a total of $1857.03 for groceries, party supplies, paper products and diapers and all personal hygene. that seems like a high number but really I know otherwise!

2 comments:

Holly said...

You did an awesome job! Your menu sounds good too. Have you made the taco soup before? It sounds yummy. I might have to try that.

Dawn said...

Holly, the taco soup is amazing. Its one of our favorites even the boys like it. I add chips and cheese and sour cream on top, and okay now I am drooling!