Monday, October 25, 2010

Menu plan Monday and shopping trip

This week I kinda threw things together and came up with a plan, oh about a hour before I left to shop!We were busy all weekend and with Brian leaving in a week I just wasn't into planning. But cant go to the store without a list cause well I wouldn't know what to buy! So a quick check of what I had on hand and Viola!

This week for breakfast we will have cereal and milk, banana muffins and fruit, and today we had pumpkin cheesecake french toast bites from the Hungry Girl 123 book. They were yummy!

Lunch will be a mix of sandwichs, nuggets, and peanut chicken wraps.

Dinner

M - Left over buffet (have a few things from last week to eat up)
T - Chicken and cheese enchiladas
W - Chili and Cornbread
TH - Sloppy Joes and Mac & Cheese
F - Roast Chicken and mashed potatoes
S - Chicken Pot Pie
S - To be determined (Brian leaves that morning and it's halloween)

Shopping trip

Winco


Toaster struddles - 3.56 (1.00 coupon)
3 pints buttermilk - 1.14
egg beaters - 2.27 (.50 coupon)
montery jack cheese - 3.25
3 pounds ground turkey - 6.78
coffemate - 2.50 (1.50 coupon)
pizza dough - 4.16 (1.00 coupon)
butter - 2.00
v/8 juice - 4.08 (1.00 coupon)
2 red kidney beans - 1.36
white kidney beans - FREE
2 cans mixed veggies - 2.58
1 can corn - .58
2 cans stewed tomatoes - 1.16
mayo - 1.96
mustard - .91
cream of chicken soup - .72
tomato sauce - .48
2 cake mixes - 1.56
vanilla - 8.39 (1.00 coupon)
onion - .37
tomatos - .83
green pepper - .58
red pepper - .68
celery - 1.09
bean sprouts - 1.28
cucumber - .48
1.2 pounds cornmeal - .65
tortillas - 1.88

Total - $51.28



Check out how to keep your grocery bill down and see how others do it too at Grocery Cart Challenge

2 comments:

Ott, A. said...

Glad to see you are trying my chicken and cheese enchiladas. (Thank for the link back.) You'll have to let me know how they turned out.

mom2priceboys said...

Your blog title caught my eye as I too am feeding my 2 boys however they are 11 and 12 so they are eating so much more than Hubs and I do put together!! In fact my 12 yo grew 3 inches in about 3 months thats a lot of growing thus eating LOL